Terms and Conditions of Entry to Queensland Gamers' League Events
The Queensland Gamers' League organises and operates this Event. The Queensland
Gamers' League makes available the Queensland Gamers' League Network ('the
Service') which includes any gaming servers, bulletin board ('Discussion Areas') and
other service facilities. Participants connect their own PCs to the network in
order to take part in the Event.
The Queensland Gamers' League is committed to protecting its intellectual property rights and the
intellectual property rights of third parties in all software and materials and
regards seriously any infringements of those rights.
Your participation in the Event is subject to following terms and conditions.
Please read them carefully.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation is open to persons 15 years of age and over. Persons under 18 must obtain their parents' or guardians' approval before participating in the Event.
- The Queensland Gamers' League reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event to any person, and to remove any Participant it suspects of being in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- You must not interfere improperly in any way with the Service, any other software or hardware, or others' use or enjoyment of the service or the Event.
- You must use only licensed software. The use, advertising, copying or distribution of unlicensed software is strictly prohibited.
- You must not use the Service to distribute material which (a) is defamatory, obscene, abusive, harassing or threatening; (b) contains viruses or other contaminating or destructive features; or (c) violates the rights of others such as material which infringes copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret rights or rights of privacy.
- You acknowledge that the Service contains information, software, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, links and other material that are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of The Queensland Gamers' League or third parties, including product names, logos, designs, titles and words or phrases. Participants must not copy or reproduce this material for further reproduction or redistribution or improperly interfere with it.
- The Queensland Gamers' League assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or line, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, or any injury or damage to your or any other personal computer arising from participation in the Event.
- You agree to connect to The Queensland Gamers' League servers only by authorised HTTP requests using a Web browser. You must not use the Service for any purpose other than to participate in the Event.
- You acknowledge that the Service contains links to other sites on the Internet which are owned and operated by third parties. The Queensland Gamers' League has not reviewed and does not necessarily endorse the content of these external sites, and is not responsible for the content available on or through these external sites.
- You acknowledge that The Queensland Gamers' League monitors the Service to ensure its proper operation and compliance by participants with these terms and conditions.
- The Queensland Gamers' League is not responsible for, and shall have no liability to you in respect of any information or materials posted by others, including obscene, indecent, defamatory or illicit material. The Queensland Gamers' League has the right to review, edit, move or delete any material posted in the Discussion Areas or elsewhere on the Service without notice.
- Liability of The Queensland Gamers' League for loss or damage suffered by you, howsoever caused, arising from or in connection with your use of the Service and participation in the Event, is limited, at The Queensland Gamers' League's option, to refunding the price paid by you for participation in the Event or providing the Service again for the purpose of participating in a similar event.
- You agree to at all times indemnify The Queensland Gamers' League, its agents and employees against all losses, damages or costs that The Queensland Gamers' League may sustain or incur as a result, whether directly or indirectly, of your use of the Service, participation in the Event or breach of these terms and conditions, including to damage to property, death, personal injury, loss arising from infringement of intellectual property rights, and any consequential loss including loss of profits, data, or other materials.